Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Old Year!

Well, another year has gone by and plenty has happened. In previous years, I've seen the years represented by an old man (the past year) and a baby (the new year). That old man is father time, who carries his scythe and hourglass everywhere he goes. For the new year, I decided to fold father time, which proved a bit difficult. I took a few CPs, all boxpleated, to come up with this: Father Time CP On the left is the hourglass, and the right is the scythe. The face is easy enough to fold, with two inside reverse folds after folding the middle triangle. The hour glass just needs to be spread on either end, and the ends folded over to make color changes. The scythe was my least favorite part of the model, because every time I folded it, the paper ripped. I guess that you need larger paper to make it correctly. Note that the feet are the same as the ones on HOJYO Takashi's Archangel Gabriel. Father Time, Ryan MacDonell Father Time, Ryan MacDonell Oh, and I have a slightly different look to my blog, in case you didn't notice yet.

No comments: