Friday, December 26, 2008

A Green Christmas

Sadly, due to the unpredictable weather out here, we ended up with a white Christmas eve, and a green Christmas. I can't actually remember the last time that I had a white Christmas (probably two years ago...), but green in just fine with me. I wanted to fold a snowman recently, seeing as I couldn't come up with something with a Christmas theme. However, I soon found that snowmen with good color changes are actually quite hard to fold. I gave up on the idea, and figured that I probably wouldn't get to fold anything for the theme. Then yesterday, the rain caused most of the snow to disappear, and I had the idea of a melted snowman. I don't have a CP for it, because its easy enough just to explain. I folded a waterbomb base first, and folded the front to flaps up to the top so that I could pull up a layer to make the top button. then I pleated the flaps so that two more button could be made, and made the end of the flaps to make eyes. I squashed the back flaps and did a petal fold so that I had two thinner flaps. I then pulled the out enough ot be arms, color changed them and added details so that they look like sticks. Finally, I folded the body semi-randomly to make the puddle/melted shape. Here is what I ended up with. Happy Holidays!
Melted Snowman, Ryan MacDonell
Melted Snowman, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: