Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tiger/Zebra

The challenge this month is "In Black and White" on the french origami forum. Strangely enough, the only thing that I could think of to fold in black in white was a zebra. I had no idea how I was to fold one, especially because of all of the stripes on it.
Luckily for me, I remembered about Hideo Komatsu's tiger and the nice stripes. I didn't want to use his method at first, but I eventually decided to use it. To fold this model, follow steps 1-103 of his tiger to achieve the stripes. Then, make the head and tail using the lines folded in steps 11-12. For the details, color change the tail by wrapping the flaps around, and make a color change for the nose after folding a head. Thin the legs and the body, and you should end up with something like this:
Zebra, Ryan MacDonell
Zebra, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: