Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some Call it Sweet

I decided to try my hand at an origami car, based on Robert Lang's and Joseph Wu's recent cars. I started folding, and it turned into an SUV instead. In fact, it looked an awful lot like a Honda Element, an ugly small-ish SUV that looks like a box on wheels. So that ended up as my name for the model. The CP is fairly simple, and even uses the same method as the podium to make the front and windshield. Honda Element CP As you can see, the model is made using simple pleats and locks. However, I didn't include some creases such as the wheels, which I made using 22.5° folds, as well as the doors and windows, which are simply creases. Honda Element, Ryan MacDonell Honda Element, Ryan MacDonell

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the looks of it, but without directions it's tough to make. :|

violet-skates said...

I like what it looks like but without any directions I just get a scrunched-up piece of paper. Like Capt said. :-(