Monday, September 22, 2008

Something Simple

Lately, I've had a (only somewhat nasty) cold, and I can't really say that I've enjoyed it so far. However, when blowing my nose, I noticed that one time I folded it in a 22.5° angle. If that wasn't strange enough, I decided to just look at a kleenex (not used) that was folded in the same way. I then played around with it a bit and ended up with something that looked like a bear, made from only two folds. Its strange what can inspire you sometimes.
However, when I got home, I found that the bear really didn't look right because of the head color change, which I just couldn't avoid. So I considered what else it could be, until I ended up with two simple 22.5° angles making a man with a bouquet. The idea of making something this way came from Paula Versnick's bi-fold Santa. Here is my CP:
Man with Bouquet CP

Not too hard, eh? And theres no shaping involved either! I shouldn't be too hard to figure out which way to fold it, just do the straight 22.5° first. If the color changes don't look right, just switch around the mountain/valley folds until you get it.
Man with Bouquet, Ryan MacDonell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It also looks like someone bending over and waving their hand.