Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chess Boxing?

Why not? It turns out that chess boxing has been going on since 2003, and is gaining in popularity. I can't help but wondering whether it would be hard to think of your chess moves after being hit in the head a few times... I decided to go with a somewhat random sport for this months challenge of sports on the english origami forum. Seeing as I hadn't participated in the sports challenge on the french forum, I had a second chance. He is my boxpleated CP, with a 16:16 grid.
Chess Boxing CP

It is mostly a simple human form, with some extras. The square in the head forms the cross on the king's head. The bottom point in the center becomes the color changed shorts, and the gloves can be formed by wrapping a layer around the end of the arms. Then only the head remains to be shaped.
Chess Boxing, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: