Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Year of the...

...Rat. Yes, folks, today is the beginning of the year of the rat, the chinese new year. Like last year, I decided to fold what the year is. Last year, as some may remember, I had just started boxpleating and I folded the pig. Now, this year, I started a topic on the origami forum titled Best of Show Rat Contest 2008, after what Wen Fu Kai called last year's challenge.
For this model, I decided that I probably wouldn't get much out of sitting down and making up my own CP (because I usually get something else...), so I decided to try "stealing" a CP, as Quentin Trollip called it. Also, instead of just searching for a model with the right amount of flaps, I went straight to Joisel's Rat. Here is the CP:
Rat CP

My rat is a bit different than Joisel's. I made mine to have a mouth out of the two flaps at the front, and I also made it walk on all fours. I'm pretty satisfied with how it came out. Maybe I'll try making my own CP later on.
Rat, Ryan MacDonell
Rat, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: