Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year (again)!

Now you can celebrate this new year with a folded card. This month's challenge on the english origami forum is new year's cards. This was a hard challenge for me to contribute to, but I did manage to make a nice little rat head. I'm not entirely satisfied, but theres not really anything I can do to satisfy myself with this model. I would like to make a color range for just the head, but I'm not going to be able to manage that. Here is the CP that I ended up with, out of an 8.5:11 inch rectangle.
Rat Card CP

There are a lot of things to do after folding the base. You need to squash the bottom part to make a nose, and then pull out some of the top for the ears. All I can say is good luck!
Rat Card, Ryan MacDonell
Rat Card, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: