Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 44th President

Today was the Inauguration of the 44th president of the United States, Barack Obama. He seems to be all of the excitement about him lately, and everyone is happy to have so much respect for African-Americans to have elected one. I decided to fold a simple color change model, Obama's symbol (at least for the election) which was the rising sun. One part was the stripes, just red and white, and the other was the blue background and white sun. I didn't make a CP for the top part, because its just folded over and tucked, etc. until I had a half circle. Here is the Stripes section CP (divided vertically into 16ths):
Bottom of Obama Symbol CP
I didn't quite get all of the details that I wanted, but it is possible to have it more like the real thing. Using crimps, the model can be made into a circle (two halves). With correcting, you should end up with something like this:
Obama Symbol, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: