Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Ice Age"'s Best Character

My favorite character on the movie "Ice Age" would have to be the little saber-toothed squirrel named Scrat, and when I decided to fold a character with cartoon eyes, I decided that he would be best. I folded this model for the challenge on the english forum, "Movies". It took a draft or two to get the right idea, but in the end it came out fairly simple. I decided to use the same cartoon eye approach as the Yip Yip, and went from there. I also managed to achieve a bigger tail than the first draft, but also ended up with shorter front legs. Here is the CP, which I made with Inkscape instead of CadStd just because I like the look, and it makes 22.5° angles a lot better.
Photobucket

I then made color changed teeth, use the paper by the legs to make a tail and shaped the entire model. I didn't exactly achieve everything that I wanted to, such as toes and a lower jaw, but I am happy with the result.
Scrat, Ryan MacDonell
Scrat, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: