Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Color Change and Counting

To be honest, I never thought that I'd see the two combined. I've seen the origami numbers, but never something that changes numbers with one simple fold. I was recently playing around with color changes, basing it on the square of color change in corners (as seen on my Christmas tree). I ended up having a model that has 5 parts that can be changed with one fold each, and a really confusing CP. Lets start with the CP.
Tetris CP

As you can see, it may be a bit hard to figure out, but I'm sure that it can be done. That CP should fold this:
Tetris, Ryan MacDonell

No try unfolding some flaps. There are 16 possible combinations, and most of them look like Tetris pieces, so I decided to name the model Tetris. Here are minimum and maximum amount of shown squares:
Tetris, Ryan MacDonell
Tetris, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: