Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Eddie's Guitar

For my english class, we had to make a piece of art or poetry (or a song) that had to do with symbolism in the book "Losing Eddie" by Deborah Joy Corey. It wasn't a particularly good book, but I did think of one part that I could possible fold. I decided to fold Eddie's red electric guitar which he received from his father after getting back from reform school. The guitar didn't mean much to Eddie, but to his father it was a way of trying to fix his sons wild ways.
I first tried to fold the model diagonally, but that turned out messy and too small. I then went on to make the basic shape out of a 4:1 rectangle, which is how I decided on how I would make the color changes. I ended up doing the same thing as when I only made the shape of the guitar, plus some squashes and color changes.
Guitar CP

The color changes on the body and head are done by squashing the bottom two corner flaps irregularly and by the valley fold at the top. The model does take a look of time to shape, especially on the color change on the body.
Guitar, Ryan MacDonell
Guitar, Ryan MacDonell

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! A true fender strat shape :)

Dustin Wortman said...

dude, email me at f3n1xn05@yahoo.com, how did you make it? im very good at origami but i have yet to understand crease patterns. if you could help me, i want to make this guitar for my gf. your help is greatly appreciated...

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but the CP is pretty much all I can tell you about how to make it, especially seeing as I folded this two years ago I and don't know if I could refold it.

Passado - Bruno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What size paper did you use?

Hi plz answer said...

Please tell me what size paper you used and please can you alter the CP to show mountains and valleys! I really want to make this for my Dads bday.

Unknown said...

hey! This guitar is really great! Is there any chance that you could show more about how to fold it? At least valleys and mountains ? :) I would really appreciate if you write me back - aleksandra.kolaczek1@gmail.com :)