Friday, March 14, 2008

Slow Moving

This month's challenge on the french forum is "on the abandoned beach, and the challenge is to fold Mollusks. These are clams, squid, snails and much more. So, I decided that this would be a good time to try a snail. I started folding and at first tried a 22.5° angle based model, but the shell ended up too small. So, I tried a 15° angle based shell and 22.5° angle based head. And, lucky me, I made a color changed shell without realizing it! Here is the CP that I came up with. The lines from the bottom corner are, as I mentioned, 15°.
Snail CP

The CP just gives a basic idea of how to make it. There are multiple layers made in certain areas, but I didn't show those folds. However, you should be able to get to the base using this. After that, good luck with the shell. It takes a while to shape.
Snail, Ryan MacDonell
Snail, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: