Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Dog

I recently had to do two projects about l'Hôtel de Glace (the Ice Hotel) in Québec. My first project was about moving the setting to Africa, and my next I chose to make 3 important models about the book. I had already folded the Igloo, so I decided to try a dog and a man in a parka. The man was just a simple man, using 22.5° angles and five flaps, but the dog was another matter. I started by dividing a fifth and making the head, which I based loosely on Joisel's rat, and then i folded the two corners on either side to the middle.
On the CP, the horizontal and vertical lines nearest to the top corner are one fifth.
Dog CP

After folding all this, you need to stretch the leg flaps out, and then shape the body. The leg part is a pretty hard step, so good luck!
Dog, Ryan MacDonell
Dog, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: