Saturday, December 8, 2007

Soaring high in the sky

A long, long time ago, I told a person from the BZFlag forums, by the name of eagle, that I would try and fold an eagle. I was in luck this month, because I didn't have any ideas for the french forum's challenge, to fold a model with color changes. Well, I could probably have very easily folded something, but I wanted a nice model. Then, once I saw eagle on the forums once again, I knew what I could fold.
After a very short time folding, I made a base that worked well:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The red lines are the reference points, at 1/4 from the center to the corner. The other line just bottom right of the red line is 3/8 from the center to the corner.

This base required quite a bit of shaping, but after some time you should get a model that looks something like this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: