Saturday, August 8, 2009

Three Rivers

I've been thinking of folding this for a while, but didn't really know where to start. It turned out to be really simple! I decided while I was there to fold the Trois-Rivières seal, which is quite simply three rivers going into water. I would have liked to have folded every part of the symbol, but I'm still happy with what I got. Here is what I mean:
Trois-Rivières Seal, Ryan MacDonell

As compared to the actual seal:


Theres quite a bit of difference, but thats okay. To fold it, start with a preliminary base with the open corner facing top left. Fold one edge to the top right-hand corner, and then fold the two of the edges from the top right into the shape of the rivers. It should take up about a quarter of the space on the preliminary base. Fold the colorchanges, and then refold the rivers. Fold the excess paper behind, and you should end up with a seal! Good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If done in orange and white, it seems like you could modify this easily to be the icon for RSS.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, good point. However, it would be hard to get the curves right and the orange border might look a bit strange. I might try it.