Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bracelet

This month's challenge for the french forum is modulars. I don't often fold modulars, and I don't think that I've ever "designed" one before. I decided to try making some traditional waterbombs and connecting them using a very simple... unit. All the paper is the same size, so it works out quite well.
I can't exactly give a CP, seeing as it wouldn't make that much sense, and waterbombs are well known already. However, I'll try my best to describe how to fold the unit: precrease the horizontal halves. Then fold two of the sides into the middle. You should get a rectangle. Then fold the other two that you didn't fold last time into the conter. Now you have a smaller square. Repeat this once more (on just two of the sides) and then fold it in half so that it once again makes a smaller square. Fold the two flaps down to the halfway point, and the inside reverse fold the corners of the inside part (two folds). Now try inserting one of the flaps into the two pockets on the side of a waterbomb.
They don't really stay together that well, but you should eventually end up with something like this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: