Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Digital Hermit

Two posts in two days? What is the world coming to? I've actually had a lot of time to fold since the school year in May, but I only recently had the inspiration. Near the end of May, I finally did it: I permanently deleted my facebook account. I enjoy trying to fold logos, so I figured the facebook logo might be a good challenge. I tried a couple different ways of making the "f" on a square background, but my first way ended up working the best. The major problem was the proportions, and once I had that I couldn't find reference points. I ended up having to change the references for each size of paper I tried. On the 2nd try with 10cm kami, I ended up with what you see below.
Facebook Logo, Ryan MacDonell

2 comments:

OriS said...

I also deleted my account (six months ago). I think facebook is uninteresting and it's a waste of time. Your design is really nice !

Leyla Torres said...

Fun facebook logo design! Thank you for sharing it even if you are not using Facebook.