Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mike Wazowski!

This month on la forum francaphone (which just got a new look, and an new name), the challenge is Film Characters (rough translation). I couldn't think of what to fold this time, and I started off with Lumiere from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. That didn't work out at all, so I tried Mike Wazowski, the short green monster from Monsters Inc. My first ideas didn't work out, and eventually I just stopped with the model that I have now. It doesn't look like Mike, maybe it was him as a child. Here is the CP, based on a blintz fold and windmill base.
Mike Wazowski CP

The top and left edges are the arms, and the bottom and right ones are legs. All of the corners fold behind to make the color changed eye, except for the bottom right hand corner which makes the iris/pupil. As you can see from the pictures below, its not quite Mike, but I like it nonetheless.
Mike Wazowski, Ryan MacDonell
Mike Wazowski, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: