Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Spider

Once again, I'm working my way up to another good design by making lesser designs to test things out. This time, I'm working on a certain species of spider that lives in my house. I started off with the design by folding a simple spider using 22.5° angles, and I'm quite happy with the result. I divided the paper into 3rds one way, and folded the two inside 8ths for the pedipalps. Here is the CP that I used for the model:
Photobucket

I'm quite happy with how the model ended up, although at first it didn't look like a spider at all to me. All the details to finish the model involve the legs and pedipalps, and are fairly easy. However, this model isn't very good for very thick paper because there are a lot of layers around the legs towards the end.
Spider, Ryan MacDonell
Spider, Ryan MacDonell

No comments: