Saturday, August 18, 2007

What BZFlag is All About

Seeing as I very often play the 3D tank game, BZFlag (I've even made maps for the game), I decided that I would have to try folding a tank. My first idea was to use boxpleating diagonally, which I've never done before. However, it turned out to only be partially boxpleated. However, I did end up with a good result. The model was designed with a bit of planning from a CP (the upper part, including the barrel) and just folding until it looked right (the treads and other lower parts). The CP is based on a 32:32 diagonal grid.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As you can see, the CP doesn't really look that much like a tank. However, with the right folding, it should give a good result.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: